- This event has passed.
Occupy Big Bear 2016
September 16, 2016 - September 18, 2016
We take over the town of Big Bear!!!!!
It’s a fun filled weekend with friends, cars, food and drinks. A European Car Enthusiast event where everything is happening all-in-one location. Just park your car and party all weekend long. Book your party room at our host hotel (The Lodge), bring your significant other, let your employer know you are taking off Sept 16-18, because you need to go to this event!
/// MUST REGISTER ONLINE ///
The Lodge at Big Bear Lake, a Holiday Inn Resort
40650 Village Drive, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
(909) 866-3121 x7912 (ask for Cynthia, mention OBB for group rate discount)
* Discount ends, Friday Sept 9th.
We got fun activities planned for you!!!!
FRIDAY, Sept 16th[10am] – Base of the Mountain Meetup
Wildwood Park – 300 E. 40th Street, San Bernardino, CA 92404 [11am] – Begin “Rim of the World” Cruise
* Follow all traffic laws. No racing, do not block traffic, stay on the right lane, and let faster traffic pass on the left lane.
Northwoods Resort – 40650 Village Drive, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
* Hotel might not be ready, but they will try their best. Normal check-in is at 4pm. [1pm] – Group Lunch
Hacienda Grill – 41787 Big Bear Blvd, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
Call (909) 866-8667 for table reservations. [4pm] – Pre Show GTG & Go Karting (Early Registration Pickup)
Big Bear Speedway – 42825 Big Bear Blvd, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
* Discounted Races start at $15. [6pm] – Unofficial Pub Crawl presented by Webbstarrs Motoring
Stillwells Lounge – 40650 Village Drive, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
* Four Beer Pubs, express service drink tickets, a souvenir mug and more, more info here.
SATURDAY, Sept 17th[9am] – Vendor Booth Setup [11am] – Show & Shine Starts
The Lodge – 40650 Village Drive, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
* The search for our Top 25 favorite cars will be notified between 11am to 4pm.
** Host hotel parking lot will be full. Don’t block traffic and follow all traffic laws. See map for parking options. [3pm] – Car Limbo Contest (Air Ride & Static)
* Line up at 3pm, competition starts shortly after.
** Free to participate.
*** To speed up flow, do not remove parts or modify your car during the competition. [8pm] – Private Oktoberfest Party
The Loft located inside the Lodge- 40650 Village Drive, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315 [8:30pm] – Party Costume Contest
* Crowd choice, loudest cheer wins.
** Free to participate. [9pm] – Twinkie Eating Contest
* First person to eat three (3) twinkies without any liquids wins!
** Free to participate (10 people max). [9:30pm] – Beer Boot Drinking Challenge
* First person to drink 1-liter of beer, winner wins half the money pot.
** $20 to particpate goes towards the money pot & beer costs (10 people max)
*** Must bring your own #OccupyBigBear/Oktoberfest 1-liter Plastic Beer Boot.
SUNDAY, Sept 18th[10am] – Hotel Room Check-Out [11am] – Brunch with Friends (anywhere) [12pm] – Alpine Slide
Alpine Slide at Magic Mountain – 800 Wildrose Lane, Big Bear Lake, CA 92315
* Authentic bobsled experience, a must try!
** $6 for a single ride. [2pm] – Cruise Home with new/old Friends