Words by Lon Mok | Photos by Trevor Thompson (Boden Autohaus)
We have known Stan Chen for a very very long time. His DTM Autohaus days with his BMW E36 M3 and purple Audi A4. Garage Life? old timers will remember this name.
Stan has an eye for balance. That is what he does so well with life and his cars. Thankfully he has a very supportive wife, happy wife makes a happy life. Expensive automotive habits that requires an understanding household.
Stan selected the services of local Southern California experts Boden Autohaus. They are becoming widely know for their air suspension expertise. They also helped the build the Audi allroad we featured several months ago. Boden installed a custom AccuAir/HP Drivetech combination to allow the appropriate appearance. Inside a set of Recaro Sportster CS leather seats were installed.
Stan ordered up a custom set of HRE Wheels 501 Vintage Series with matching color scheme. Measuring 20×8.5 front and 20×9.5 out back. The HRE’s are wrapped in Toyo Proxes 4 Plus. Combined with the M-Performance parts to create a OEM plus style.
When we first started seeing hints and concepts of Stan’s #VonDoom creation, we were intrigued. We were confused. We thought he was thinking of something ridiculous wild and crazy. Especially with all the bolt-on flares being the trend. When SEMA time came around, it turned out he wasn’t after wild and crazy. He was after clean and subtle.
Obviously with a character like Stan, it could have gone either way. But we knew that it would be awesome. He did not stop at just creating a beautiful automobile. No No No.
Stan had a vision and along came #TheRaft and #LilDoom. #TheRaft is a custom trailer was commissioned to house a restored #LilDoom 1973 BMW R75/5 motorcycle. Of course the trailer and motorcycle had to match with HRE Wheels, air suspension, color scheme and styling.
Followers of @iamstanchen know that Stan has a portfolio of amazing masterpieces envisioned by Stan and looking forward to anything else Stan decides to make.
2014 BMW 328IX SPORT WAGON “VON DOOM”
- M Sport Package Retrofit Kit
- M Sport Front and Rear Bumpers
- M Performance Front splitter
- M Performance Rear Diffuser
- M Performance Rocker Panel Blades
- M Performance Roof Spoiler
- Thule Sonic Large roof box color matched with Charcoal and Irish Green pinstriping
- Thule AeroBlade Edge rack system
- Huper Optik ceramic window film by STM Advanced Window Film Solutions
- Recaro Sportster CS leather seats
- Full European coding by Alpine Coding
- MXP quad exhaust system with dual wall black chrome tips
- Dual software tune by ECU Tuning Group
- M Performance big brake kit
- R1 Concepts slotted and dimpled rotors
- AccuAir E-Level Air Management Package with HP Drivetech struts installed by Boden Autohaus
- HRE 501 Vintage Series wheels in 20×8.5 and 20×9.5
- Toyo Proxes 4 Plus (225/35/20 and 255/30/20).
2014 LAODIES KUSTOMZ MOTORCYCLE TRAILER // #THERAFT
- Custom fenders in Mineral White with Charcoal and Irish Green pinstriping
- Custom charcoal frame
- Ford Model-A Tail Lights
- Kelderman Air system
- AccuAir E-Level Air Management Package
- Custom Irish Green control arms
- HRE 501 Vintage Series wheels in 18×8.5
- Toyo Proxes 4 Plus 225/45R18
1973 BMW R75/5 // #LILDOOM
R100 fuel tank in Mineral White with Charcoal grey and Irish Green pinstriping by The Shop
Crafty B Mini Racer fuel cap in brushed aluminum
Black leather with grey selvage denim solo seat by MFEST Bespoke
Lossa Engineering custom rear fender
Lossa Engineering sub-frame
Charcoal de-tabbed frame
Controls & Electricals:
Renthal Ultra Low handlebars
Vintage brushed aluminum tail light and turn signals
Shorai Lithium Ion battery
Lowered front Progressive Suspension fork springs
Progressive Suspension 412 Series rear shocks
Motul 7100 4T
Cast Aluminum Café Starter Cover from BMW2Valve.com
Black chrome exhaust pipes with Heatshield Cobra Exhaust wrap
Wheel & Tire:
Charcoal grey spokes
Irish Green lips
Firestone Deluxe tires